1659 Shamrock Road
Savannah, Grand Cayman
The first Savannah School opened its doors to children in September 1940. It was constructed of hard wood posts, daubed and squared with cement and sand. It served the community for 41 years, but was eventually replaced by the spacious and modern building now located just behind it.
The National Trust and the Savannah District Committee restored the schoolhouse and the result of their labour can be seen today. The school has now grown to the second largest primary school on the island and is one of the three IB schools. To be an IB school we have to ensure that our activities and classroom content is guided by the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program.
The mission of Savannah Primary School, in partnership with parents and other stakeholders, is to provide a dynamic multi-cultural learning environment dedicated to developing confident, tolerant and disciplined life-long learners who can attain their full potential and interact effectively in the global community.
The vision for our school is "Inspiring students to become global citizens and lifelong learners".